Join us for our free Festive Family Fair at Abbotsford - get in the Christmas spirit and enjoy Scott's home free of charge!
We're putting on a fun-filled family day, with plenty of Christmas inspiration: Take a tour of the house or join our activities for all ages, including storytelling sessions, arts and crafts, a festive trail and more!
With a small craft fair featuring local traders and lots of present inspiration in the shop, make sure to stop by our visitor centre, too and join in with the carol singers in the chapel. Afterwards, warm up in our café with Ochiltree's special festive treats.
This is a free event, running from 11am to 3pm on the day: Entry to the house and gardens will be free all day, though some activities will carry a small charge.
Schedule for the day:
- Free house tours at 11:15am, 11:45am, 12:15pm, 12:45pm and 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 2:30pm - Reserve your spot when you arrive; there will be freeflow access inbetween tours
- Storytelling in the Bothy at 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm - Simply show up for stories with Mary
- All day, from 11am to 3pm:
- Kids' crafts in our Learning Centre
- Abbotsford Woodland Trail
- Marbling with Rosie – marble your own Christmas bauble (additional charge applies)
- Face painting with Snazzy Smiles (additional charge applies)
- Craft stalls in our Visitor Centre
- Festive treats at Ochiltree's Dining, Abbotsford - The café will have a special, festive menu just for the day with mulled drinks and tasty treats
- Christmas shopping in our Visitor Centre Shop with lots of present inspiration