- Our Mission
- Make A Donation
- Adopt A Book
Friends of Abbotsford
- Abbotsford Patrons
- Volunteer Opportunities
FRIENDS OF ABBOTSFORD
Become a Friend and help safeguard Scott’s Abbotsford forever
By becoming a Friend of Abbotsford you will help to cherish, restore and protect the world’s most extraordinary literary home. Your support will also help us to share the world of Scott with thousands of people of all ages through our work with schools, colleges and our local communities. Our Friends of Abbotsford membership scheme allows you to get closer to what is happening at Abbotsford and receive exclusive insight into our work.
All Friends of Abbotsford receive 12 months of great benefits:
- Unlimited free entry to Abbotsford’s house and gardens
- Free parking at Abbotsford– this can take up to 7 days to activate. If visiting within this time please give your car registration to the staff at reception.
- Exclusive Friends’ events programme
- 10% discount on events at Abbotsford
- 10% discount in Ochiltree’s café, our beautiful dining area with stunning views across the estate and the Scottish Borders countryside
- 10% discount at Sir Wattie's Horsebox outdoor catering
- 10% discount in our shop, which is stocked with a gorgeous range of locally sourced and high quality gifts
- Friends’ newsletters
- Free guest passes for every Friend: one guest pass for Individual Friends; two guest passes for Joint and Family Friends; four guest passes for Philanthropic Friends
Become a Philanthropic Friend and help the Abbotsford Trust to do even more. As well as all the benefits above, Philanthropic Friends will also receive an additional small gift from us each year to say thank you for their support.
Choose your Friends’ Membership package:
There are four Friends’ membership packages available. Memberships are renewed annually – annual prices are below:
- Individual Friends of Abbotsford - £25
- Joint Friends of Abbotsford (For 2 people living at the same address) - £45
- Family Friends of Abbotsford (2 adults and 2 children under 17 years) - £50
- Philanthropic Friends of Abbotsford (For 2 people at the same address or 1 person and a second named cardholder) - £100+
Give the Gift of Friend-ship:
Friends’ of Abbotsford membership is a fantastic gift for friends and family that lasts all year round. Give the gift of Friend-ship today – simply fill in the name of your gift recipient in the Friends’ membership form or contact us and we’ll arrange everything for you.
How to become a Friend
- Join in person at the Visitor Centre
- Join by Direct Debit here or by pasting the following link into your browser: https://online.smartdebit.co.uk/signuppayer/iframe?pslid=abbotsfordtrust&usebootstrap=true
- Download a Friends membership form and return the completed form along with a cheque made payable to The Abbotsford Trust to:
The Development Officer
The Abbotsford Trust
Please note new memberships, and renewals, can take up to six-weeks to be processed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact us by emailing email@example.com.