- Our Mission
- Make A Donation
Friends of Abbotsford
- Grow- Evolve- Thrive
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Leave a Gift in Your Will
- Adopt A Book
- Thank You to all our Supporters
FRIENDS OF ABBOTSFORD
Become a Friend and help safeguard Scott’s Abbotsford forever
By becoming a Friend of Abbotsford you will help to cherish, restore and protect the world’s most extraordinary literary home. Your support will also help us to share the world of Scott with thousands of people of all ages through our work with schools and our local communities. Our Friends of Abbotsford membership scheme allows you to get closer to what is happening at Abbotsford and receive exclusive insight into our work.
All Friends of Abbotsford receive 12 months of great benefits:
- Unlimited free entry to Abbotsford’s house, chapel and gardens*
- Free parking at Abbotsford– this can take up to 7 days to activate. If visiting within this time please give your car registration to the staff at reception.
- Unlimited free access to new sculpture trail Witch Corner (coming soon)*
- Exclusive Friends’ events
- 10% discount on selected events at Abbotsford
- 10% discount in Ochiltree’s café and Sir Wattie's Horsebox outdoor catering
- 10% discount in our shop, both at Abbotsford and online (UK only)
- Exclusive hamper when booking a stay at Abbotsford.
- Abbotsford Trust Review newsletters
- Free guest passes: one guest pass for Individual Friends; two guest passes for Joint and Family Friends; four guest passes for Philanthropic Friends. These allow one-time access to the house, chapel, gardens and Witch Corner for non-friends. Does not include free parking.
Become a Philanthropic Friend and help the Abbotsford Trust to do even more. As well as all the benefits above, Philanthropic Friends will also receive four guest passes and an additional gift to say thank you.
Choose your Friends’ Membership package:
There are four Friends’ membership packages available. Memberships are renewed annually – annual prices are below:
|Membership type||Direct debit price||Non direct debit price|
For 2 people living at the same address
For 2 adults and 2 children under 17 years
For 2 people at the same address or one person and a second named cardholder
|Please choose one of the options above and include a donation of £100 or more.||Please choose one of the options above and include a donation of £100 or more.|
Give the Gift of Friend-ship:
Friends’ of Abbotsford membership is a fantastic gift for friends and family that lasts all year round. Give the gift of Friend-ship today – simply fill in the name of your gift recipient in the Friends’ membership form or contact us and we’ll arrange everything for you.
How to become a Friend
- Join in person at the Visitor Centre
- Join by Direct Debit here or by pasting the following link into your browser: https://online.smartdebit.co.uk/signuppayer/iframe?pslid=abbotsfordtrust&usebootstrap=true
- Download a Membership Form and return the completed form along with a cheque made payable to The Abbotsford Trust to:
The Development Officer
The Abbotsford Trust
Please note that your membership pack could take up to 21 working days from receipt to arrive. If you intend to visit before then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.