- Plan a School Visit
- Learn Online
- Discover our community programmes
Terms and Conditions for School Visits
- School admission rates apply only to UK-based nurseries and schools. Rates apply to groups of 10 or more and activities must be pre-booked with the Learning Team. Pupil admission will be cost per pupil, according to the activities booked.
- Activities which involve the purchase of admission for the house and gardens are eligible for a free pass to return with a paying adult, valid for 12 months. This applies to the house and gardens only and excludes Witch Corner.
- Accompanying teachers/carers will receive complimentary entry - please see our recommended ratios of pupils to adults below:
- Nursery 1:3
- P1- P3 1:6
- P4-P7 1:10
- S1-S6 1:15
- A higher ratio than those above may be required for activities which involve younger children or young people with additional support needs. Please highlight any additional needs or access requirements when booking your visit.
- Please note any additional adults over these recommended ratios will be charged at our standard admission rate.
- Seasonal events (e.g. Halloween and Christmas trails taking place within Witch Corner) are subject to separate event admission rates.
- With generous funding from The Roger and Irene Graham Charitable Foundation, a limited number of travel subsidies are available to state schools to support the costs of a trip to Abbotsford.
- The travel subsidy applies only to school visits involving activities led by Abbotsford Trust staff and must be discussed with the Learning team during the booking process. You will receive a booking confirmation which will detail the travel subsidy awarded.
- Travel subsidies up to a maximum of £150 are available per trip, on a strictly first-come-first-served basis while funds last.
- Applications for a travel subsidy after a school visit has already taken place will are not eligible.
- Schools are responsible for making all travel arrangements and liaising directly with their preferred coach supplier. Please note the Abbotsford Trust will not make travel arrangements on your behalf.
- To receive your travel subsidy, pay the coach company invoice as normal from school funds then email a copy of your invoice to learning@scottsabbotsford along with details of how you would prefer your travel subsidy to be paid (e.g. by bank transfer or cheque). Our Finance team will process your claim and issue payment.
- Expenses for taxi hire, travel by private vehicle or your own minibus cannot be claimed.
- Activities are offered on a first come first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- If you need to cancel your visit for any reason, please contact us on 01896 752 043 during office hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) or email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to re-book an alternative date for your visit.
- The Abbotsford Trust reserves the right to cancel/reschedule bookings at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to contact you at the earliest opportunity if a visit needs to be rescheduled and re-book an alternative slot for your visit.
- In the event of cancellation at short notice, The Abbotsford Trust cannot be held responsible for any additional cancellation charges or fees applied by your coach supplier.
- Please note that access to some facilities such as Witch Corner or outdoor activities may have to be changed, cancelled or re-scheduled due to extreme weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
Activities for Early Years
These sessions are specifically designed for the Early Years and would suit children visiting us as part of a playgroup, nursery group or afterschool club.
Activities for Primary Schools
We offer a range of sessions for primary schools spanning subject areas from social sciences and literacy to art and design, history and the sciences.
Activities for Secondary Schools
We offer a range of sessions for secondary schools spanning subject areas from social sciences and literacy to art and design, history and the sciences.