- Plan a School Visit
- Learn Online
- Discover our community programmes
ACTIVITIES FOR PUPILS WITH ADDITIONAL SUPPORT NEEDS
Unlock the magical mysteries of Abbotsford with your school group today!
Abbotsford welcomes pupils of all ages and abilities and especially pupils with additional support needs. Contact our team today and find out how we can support your pupils with a one-off visit linked to a topic or area of work, a block of visits, pupil placements, volunteering or work experience activities.
Examples of activities we have previously developed with schools include:
- Visits for S3 pupils during work experience week to find out about jobs at Abbotsford and careers in heritage tourism – included a visit to the house and a tour around the Visitor Centre, thinking about branding, promotion and retail
- Exploring plants in the formal gardens using our senses
- Exploring shapes, colours and textures inside and outside the building
- Estate walks with scavenger trails and binoculars
- Outdoor learning activities including making ‘green men’ on the trees with clay, story sticks and creative activities
Activities for Early Years
These sessions are specifically designed for the Early Years and would suit children visiting us as part of a playgroup, nursery group or afterschool club.
Activities for Primary Schools
We offer a range of sessions for primary schools spanning subject areas from social sciences and literacy to art and design, history and the sciences.
Activities for Secondary Schools
We offer a range of sessions for secondary schools spanning subject areas from social sciences and literacy to art and design, history and the sciences.