- The Abbotsford Trust
Location and Filming
- Join Our Mailing List
- Ticketing Terms and Conditions
LOCATION AND FILMING
Abbotsford and its grounds offer the perfect backdrop for filming and photo shoots.
The 19th century Scottish Baronial house still contains most of its original features, with breathtaking views and gardens.
In recent years Abbotsford has been featured on a variety of shows, including Susan Calman's Secret Scotland, Antiques Roadtrip, The One Show, Escape to the Country and Neil Oliver’s History of Scotland.
Please refer to our guidelines, which apply for professional, commercial or broadcast filming and photography at Abbotsford and the wider estate. Please note that this does not apply to paying visitors filming or taking photographs for personal use – we actively encourage personal photography and filming both inside and outside the house.
Filming and Photography Guidelines
- Written permission must be sought in advance for filming or photography at Abbotsford.
- All principals should plan to do a preliminary reconnaissance of Abbotsford at least one month in advance of filming or photography.
- Prior to any agreement, The Abbotsford Trust must be provided with a proposed schedule (including preferred locations for filming and required areas for support units) and a copy of the film/TV company/photographer’s insurance details.
- A contract will be drawn up by The Abbotsford Trust and signed by both parties before any filming or photography takes place.
- Film crews or photographers must be identified and will be accompanied by a member of Abbotsford staff at all times while on site.
- The needs of visitors take priority at all times. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to close parts of the house or gardens to accommodate filming or photography.
- A location fee is usually applicable.